RYA Day Skipper Theory Course
Book a Date
If you cant see the date you require or would like further information please call us on + 27 81 433 4041
The RYA Day Skipper theory course is a prelude to the practical Day Skipper Course and equips the aspiring skipper with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day.
- In the Day Skipper theory course students are taught the basics of coastal and inshore navigation and pilotage including chart work, position fixing, plotting a course to steer, weather forecasting, a knowledge of tides and the
- International Regulations for Prevention of Collision at Sea.
- As well as navigation the RYA Day Skipper theory course will give students an understanding of different yacht types and the equipment they carry as well as safety procedures such as distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, life jackets and liferafts.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Some practical experience is desirable.
- 5 Days.
WHAT TO WEAR / EQUIPMENT:
- For the theory course students will need a 2B pencil, a pen, a notebook and where possible, their own Portland plotter and dividers. We can also help with the purchase of any of these materials.
- A maximum of 8 students.
RYA DAY SKIPPER THEORY COURSE INCLUDES:
- Includes student pack with basic navigation book, exercises and an internationally recognised Certificate.